Thursday, June 19, 2014

Easy Stir-Fry

Hello! My lunch today was insanely quick and easy because the last thing I wanted to do after my exam was cook. Just because it was easy doesn't mean it lacked flavor! I was in the mood for some vegetable stir-fry, so my frozen bag of stir-fry veggies made my life really easy.

To add some added nutrition to my lunch, I started off by sautéing the greens that I saved from some fresh beet roots I bought from the supermarket. Beet greens are rich in vitamin K, vitamin A (which helps improve vision), and they help boost your immune system. You can cook them like you would spinach or kale, which you can use in this recipe instead of the beet greens.

                              

After I sauteed my beet greens, I added some defrosted frozen stir-fry veggies: broccoli, water chestnuts and baby carrots. I also threw in some bamboo shoots, roasted beets and red bell pepper. Once they were all combined, I added in Less Sodium Soy Sauce, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. And voila! My lunch was ready in 15 minutes. Feel free to add some Mahi-mahi or chicken into your stir fry from some great protein.

Recipe:
Pam Spray
1 Cup of Beet Greens, Kale, or Spinach
1/2 Cup Stir Fry Veggies
1/4 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
1 Tbsp Bamboo Shoots (Optional)
1 Tbsp Less/Low Sodium Soy Sauce (I used Kikkoman)
1/4 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
Season to taste

*This should take about 10-15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment